Wednesday, July 15, 2015

The Polysyllabic Spree

This book was a short read, both in length and in the time it took me to finish (caused by someone putting it on hold after me, and me only noticing that the day before it was due, so I basically read the whole thing in one night).

I probably would have enjoyed it more as a monthly column (which it originally was) instead of a one night read. Lots of book recommendations from it, but most of all I liked the connection I felt with a fellow book lover.

Nick Hornsby, the author, does a great job of talking about how he buys more books than he reads, reads books he doesn't end up liking (though he can't give the titles of those books) and then shares what books he did love and recommends for the month. I totally related with him being stuck in a classic for an extended period of time and not being able to read other things.

 I recommend this book if you are a book lover, just to read someone with a kindred soul, or if you are looking for some book recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment