Sunday, May 3, 2015

Da Vinci Code

I have avoided reading this book for years, despite the wave of positive reviews and its status as a "must read" book for a good section of time. The biggest reason for the avoidance was the negative reviews that it got by Christians as being heretical and completely against what the Bible teaches, and leads people astray.

As it was on "the list" I was able to push past these misgivings, and just judge it on its own.

Honestly, I enjoyed it. It had a very drawing story, lots of symbolism and word play, and I didn't find the big mystery as heretical as I thought it would.

Without giving up the plot to anyone who hasn't read it, I think that the big mystery/secret of the secret society is not implausible, nor is it directly against anything that I have read in the Bible, and some of their arguments are solid in my opinion.

While I don't approve of the described society's rituals, it doesn't detract too deeply from the possibility of the mystery/secret.

My big takeaway- things are not always what they appear, so give items the time and consideration they deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment